Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dinner...Ughhh

Lately there hasn't been a whole lot of cooking going on in the Ochoa household. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a family of moles (or other small animals) had set up housekeeping in my oven. I just haven't been feeling much like cooking, what with first trimester nausea and food aversions and what-not. Hugo is not much help in this category either. The last time I did cook, I was complaining about how its impossible to make progress with a 9 month old baby trying to eat the dog's food and licking the trash can while I'm trying to make dinner and he was like, "honey, that's why we both work. So you can just order out." Well, why don't ya just hand me a phone book and a debit card for crying out loud. So we've been eating a lot of pizza.
Today I've been trying to work up the energy to get to the store so I can resume some semblance of my wifely homemaking duties. I just can't seem to figure out what I would buy if I did go and what I would then make for dinner. The more I think about it the more discouraged I become. Does anyone have time to come over and make dinner for us tonight? I promise to evict the moles before you get here.
By the way, I'm officially 1o weeks pregnant today and all (appears to be) well. Judging by the hurl factor, this baby is going to be just as healthy as Sofia. And in other news, I accidentally put a disposable diaper through the wash yesterday and I can only say that I highly recommend not ever doing that if you can help it. Just another reason why I think disposable diapers are sent from the devil.

1 comment:

Rene' said...

I'd come make you dinner every night, if you would just move to Port Orange!!!