Thursday, October 9, 2008

Salted Caramel Signature Hot Cocoa from Starbucks

OK, SERIOUSLY! It isn't fair! I still have about 5 sticky pounds leftover from my pregnancy (OK, I admit it, those 5 sticky pounds had nothing to do with my pregnancy and everything to do with caramel turtle waffle bowl sundaes from Dairy Queen and jelly donuts from Dunkin) and the entire commercial world seems to be conspiring against me to keep me from losing those pounds! Last week I went in to Starbucks (Sofia insisted; she frequently does) to get a nice staid, minimally offensive regular coffee with just a teeny tiny splash of half and half, no sugar or anything, and what was I confronted with? A whole tray of FREE samples of Starbucks' new line of gourmet hot cocoas. The hazelnut, I could resist. Mocha? No problem. But roll out something called "Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate" and we've got a problem on our hands. I LOOOOOOOOVE salty caramelly things (see above, caramel turtle waffle bowl sundae). I don't know how I am supposed to resist things like that, especially when I'm in upstate NY, feeling crappy, and walking around Lake Placid on a cold autumn day. I gave in. I had one. It was divine. Now its all I can think about. On our way to the airport the other day, we stopped at Starbucks so I could get another one. Even though I only ordered a grande, they had conveniently run out of grande sized beverage cups and upgraded me to a complimentary venti instead. Just twist my arm why don't ya. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to these size 10 pants for awhile.
Check out my pics from our trip, taken by my talented photog sister Val. http://valspictureperfect.blogspot.com/2008/10/sofia-little-lady.html
http://valspictureperfect.blogspot.com/2008/10/lauren-hugo-and-sofia.html

No comments: