Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Day in Pictures


Today I hosted mommies and babies for a Halloween themed playdate. We all dressed our little "Springpeas" up in costumes for the occasion and I decided to make an autumnal themed dessert for the ladies. I considered a lot of options, from simple to exotic. It should come as no surprise that I settled on a recipe culled from the goldmine of the Pioneer Woman's website. She called it Pumpkin Cake with Whiskey Cream. Of course, since I was dealing with a bunch of lactating moms with differing theories on the acceptability of alcohol consumption by the nursing mother, I decided to delete the alcohol and go with a staider, less controversial version. Here is the link to the original recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/10/pumpkin-cake-with-whiskey-whipped-cream/. It came out deliciously if I do say so.




Sofia was dressed up as an adorable little flower. Lucky for me, it was one of the few remaining costumes available at The Children's Place (on sale for $11.50) after I balked at spending $27.99 at Gymboree on a questionably cute butterfly costume. She was so cute and flower like that this monarch butterfly who happened to fly into the house was completely fooled and spent quite a few minutes trying to score some pollen.



The Monarch Butterfly is Presley, Cindy's adorable little munchkin. At the top, we have Grant as Charlie Brown, Joshua as himself, Sofia as the flower, Mattia as the Strawberry, Presley as the Butterfly and Briona as the superhero Wing Nutt, protector of babies everywhere.

2 comments:

Val said...

Aw, the little flower is the cutest!! :-)

xraycher said...

So I hear you took my sweet little sofibell to have a proffesional pic taken in the costuem.
When should I start looking in the mail for mine? Love grammy